Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Maybe a Mod, Maybe a Skin...

A place to request Nova MODs. Note: all MOD requests are handled by third party developers, not Anodyne Productions.

cmdrlanc Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:50 am

Maybe a Mod, Maybe a Skin...

Hi. I have been looking around and I have noticed that no matter what skin people are using, the personnel page almost always looks the same.

Rank Image, Name, Colored dot, etc.

The layout is almost always a small font and a very narrow table, leaving a lot of unused space, particularly on wide screen monitors.

What I am coming to this community looking for is a truly fresh take on the layout of the personnel page.

Same information, but in a fresh way. A new layout. Something that isn't the same as everyone else.

I know, I know, everyone is rolling their eyes and saying "why don't you learn the code and just make it yourself?" and I have a very good answer. I have tried, for years, and I just don't understand the code. I have learned to make a few, very basic changes, but it's still all 'greek' to me.

I tried to recolor 'sunny' to a dark color scheme and the entire thing imploded.

I can do good things on the back end. I am a fairly (I think) comepetent webmaster, but I totally suck at .php and .css

I am even willing to learn if someone is willing to spend some time, maybe over Skype, and attempt to coach me, but for now I'm stuck begging and groveling.

Also, if anyone could figure out how to make the text entry box not be so completely tiny all the time, that would be a huge help too.

AgentPhoenix Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 am

Re: Maybe a Mod, Maybe a Skin...

I've played around with something, but it's really not suitable for release at this point. I've got it running on my own sim on a trial basis just to see. You can either check out my sim or the image to get an idea of something different that can be done with the manifest.

http://ussnimitz.net
http://anodyne-productions.com/images/n ... nifest.jpg

Williams Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 am

If you can try and give some sort of idea of what kind of layout you're looking for (either in HTML tables or even in a quick mock-up in MS Paint), I could always have a go at re-arranging the contents of the personnel page to match. I've not had a great deal of luck in getting the sort of layout like AP has on the Nimitz to work fully with Nova (the one I did for this site is static and doesn't change to hide NPCs or open positions like Nova should do, but that was mainly because I didn't spend enough time with it since I didn't need it to be anything other than static.

If you're looking for something relatively simple such as making the table wider to make the most out of the available space, and moving items around in the table, then that's a fairly easy thing to do, and I can show you how.
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

zshassun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am

Does the manifest page http://daetrek.com/index.php/personnel/index <- there fit the bill at all? I noticed you mentioned you disliked that narrow table, and so did I, which is why I reformatted it to look a little like the version of Nova 1, with the added goodies of Nova 2.

If that's something you're looking for I can go grab the template I used to make it if you like!

Return to MOD Requests