Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Independently controllable clock/calendar

A place to request Nova MODs. Note: all MOD requests are handled by third party developers, not Anodyne Productions.

Penta Sat May 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Independently controllable clock/calendar

OK, so. Let me describe my issue, and we'll see if a mod is even possible.

I'm starting a new sim (my first Trek sim, and the first that uses something like Nova instead of being almost entirely by email with the website primarily to display static info); I've seen lots of sims get derailed by confusion over the passage of time, so what I'm looking to do is have the flow of time controlled by the GM. Because I can't code, I figured I'd look here.

What I'd like to know/do - maybe a mod to do this has been developed?

A. From the player perspective, all they see is a widget listing the IC date (in both Gregorian calendar and in stardate form, because I can't be the only one who looks at a stardate blankly and fails at turning it into a calendar date in their head).
B. The GM/CO, though, can advance/reverse/stop the calendar as they wish (to shoot time ahead a few days, or throw it back a few centuries, or whatever), or can set it to auto-advance at some rate of time (1:1, 1 IC Day:2 OOC days, or whatever ratio they set).

It *sounds* like a simple mod, but maybe it isn't? I dunno.

AgentPhoenix Sat May 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: Independently controllable clock/calendar

I can tell you that the manual part is easy. What would be incredibly difficult would be setting a given number of OOC days to a set time IC. Really tough to pull that off. Dustin might consider something like that for his stardate MOD but it might also be a little more involved than he's willing to get. Something to talk about though.

Return to MOD Requests