Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Character Images

A place to request Nova MODs. Note: all MOD requests are handled by third party developers, not Anodyne Productions.

Nick Covington Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Character Images

One of the awesome feature of SMS that has not carried over to nova was the ability to place a picture of any size or dimension into the SMS bio pictures Gallery, that the scripting automatically re-sized photos to fit the gallery.

I am asking for a Mod that would allow my players to not be limited in the size of the picture they upload and to let nova be scripted to re-size the photos automatically.

Also if this is something I can change myself let me know as I'm a novice with php/java script.

AgentPhoenix Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Character Images

You're allowed to upload images that are up to 1024x768. How much bigger could you want them?

jordanjay29 Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 am

Apologies for necroposting, but I happened upon this issue myself.

My newest addition to my family of computers has a 1920x1080 screen resolution, which makes 1024x768 photos look like thumbnails. Well, obviously, it's not that bad, but they wind up looking small and ludicrous on a large screen.

It's fairly straightforward to change the values in the configuration file. If you're familiar with FTP, simply pull open your application/config folder in your Nova installation, open up the upload.php file, and edit the max_height, max_width and, if you need it, the max_size* field.

My only lament is that Nova doesn't pass the configuration values to the controllers, so when someone gets an error that their file is too tall, wide or large, they don't know what to fix. I don't begrudge the size factors Anodyne chose, those are easy enough to change, but it would be prudent to pass along those configuration values so that users can be knowledgeable about their image sizes. Some of them, like me, have large screens nowadays and are used to images that fill their monitors.

*Be careful with this last one, though, some people are on dialup, mobile internet or low-bandwidth providers and large files will take a long time to load and/or deplete their allotted usage. Be kind to your visitors!

AgentPhoenix Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:59 am

The upload instructions in Nova 2 have been updated to pull in the maximum file size allowed and the maximum dimensions allowed for uploaded images from the config file. There's also a note that will only show up for admins that tells them where they can change those defaults. Hopefully this will help mitigate any confusion.

Return to MOD Requests