Change the 'page-head' for 'Writing Mission Post'

Going from SMS to Nova is a big change, so this topic is all about getting answers to the "How do I..." questions.

Bomoor Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Change the 'page-head' for 'Writing Mission Post'

I was looking into how to edit the title of the 'Write Mission Post' page to say 'Write Chapter Post" instead.

It seems that I do not alter this in the 'write_missionpost.php' file as it seems to call for the variable 'page-head'. However, I cannot find where this variable is held.

Is this something that can be done. If so, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks!

AgentPhoenix Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Change the 'page-head' for 'Writing Mission Post'

There are a couple of ways to make that change.

The easier way is to just replace what's being asked for in the controller with a hard-coded string. That will replace it just there. It sounds like you know what to do with that, so I won't waste time explaining that option.

The "right" way is to override the language item(s) being used to reflect the terminology you want to use in your game.

In application/english/app_lang.php, you can copy and paste the particular item you want to change. In this case, you'll want to do something like this in that file:

Code: Select all
$lang['global_mission'] = 'mission';
$lang['global_missions'] = 'missions';
$lang['global_missiongroup'] = 'mission group';
$lang['global_missiongroups'] = 'mission groups';
$lang['global_missionpost'] = 'mission post';
$lang['global_missionposts'] = 'mission posts';

From there, you'll be able to change the values to whatever you want and the changes will be reflected across the entire site.

In case you're looking for more items to change, all of the language items are in nova/modules/core/language/english.

Bomoor Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:42 am

Fantastic. That worked a treat!

Thank you for adding the extra detail. I may well be able to use the 'app_lang.php' file again in the future. On that note, is there anywhere with a list of all the modifiable ($lang) phrases so I could see what could potentially be changed?

AgentPhoenix Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am

There isn't a list anywhere, but you can look at all the language files in nova/modules/core/language/english to see what's been localized and what you can copy/paste into the app_lang file to change.

Bomoor Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:55 am

Fantastic. Just what I was looking for.

Much appreciated.

Return to How Do I...