Additional Rank Set

Going from SMS to Nova is a big change, so this topic is all about getting answers to the "How do I..." questions.

22639 Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:29 pm

Additional Rank Set

I have added a couple of additional rank sets to my site (uss-eclipse.utopia-host.com). A couple of them went without a hitch. But the third...the STO rank set....uploaded and extracted just like the others but it doesn't show up on the site.

AgentPhoenix Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: Additional Rank Set

First, do you see the STO rank set in the rank set catalogue list?

22639 Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:25 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:First, do you see the STO rank set in the rank set catalogue list?

Yes. Image

And this is how it looks on my site. Image

AgentPhoenix Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:49 am

Can you post larger screenshots on a picture sharing service? I can't actually see those images because they're too blurry.

22639 Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:59 am

AgentPhoenix wrote:Can you post larger screenshots on a picture sharing service? I can't actually see those images because they're too blurry.

Try this link to my Imgur. https://imgur.com/a/0fi7D Then you can enlarge them.

AgentPhoenix Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I don't have a working Nova 2 test install right now, but I noticed that your STO ranks folder name is in all caps. I don't remember how everything is set up, but it might be looking for something that's all lowercase. Try changing the name of the folder to be sto instead and see if that helps.

22639 Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 am

AgentPhoenix wrote:I don't have a working Nova 2 test install right now, but I noticed that your STO ranks folder name is in all caps. I don't remember how everything is set up, but it might be looking for something that's all lowercase. Try changing the name of the folder to be sto instead and see if that helps.

Nope. That didn't help. Could it be that the STO ranks are in a separate Default directory? The other 2 rank sets are directly under their respective directory. Should I try moving them?

AgentPhoenix Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Ah, didn't see that...

If you right-click on one of the broken images on the rank management page, what's the path that it's trying to get to? Is it trying to go to the parent STO directory?

22639 Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:48 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:Ah, didn't see that...

If you right-click on one of the broken images on the rank management page, what's the path that it's trying to get to? Is it trying to go to the parent STO directory?

It gets a 404 Page Not Found. The URL it is trying to go to is http://uss-eclipse.utopia-host.com/appl ... anks//r-a4

Even when I manually type in the url (including the sto/default directories) it still gets 404 Page Not Found.

AgentPhoenix Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Back to the rank catalogue...

If you edit the STO rank catalogue item, is there an extension in the field?

22639 Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:32 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:Back to the rank catalogue...

If you edit the STO rank catalogue item, is there an extension in the field?

In the cPanel? The rank files are .png (I hope that is what you're asking.)

AgentPhoenix Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:45 pm

In Nova, if you go to the Rank Catalogue, you can edit individual catalogue items and there should be a field in there about the file extension. Just curious why the path you gave doesn't have a file extension (which would partially explain why it's doing that since it's trying to look for a folder instead of a file).

22639 Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:53 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:In Nova, if you go to the Rank Catalogue, you can edit individual catalogue items and there should be a field in there about the file extension. Just curious why the path you gave doesn't have a file extension (which would partially explain why it's doing that since it's trying to look for a folder instead of a file).

I figured out what the problem was with all of your suggestions and guidance. when I extracted the STO package it installed the ranks in a default directory under the sto directory so the image was looking in the wrong place. I moved the ranks under the sto directory and deleted the default one and now everything works fine. (Except for a banner/header issue but that I will take up in thread.....lol). Thank you for being so patient and helpful.

AgentPhoenix Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Glad you got it sorted out. Some of that stuff can be tough to debug sometimes.

Return to How Do I...