Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Manifest Icon Alteration?

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

ErrorCodes Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Manifest Icon Alteration?

I've checked all the search queries on the forums I could think of, but can't come up with the answer to this, which is annoying because I swear I solved this ages ago aboard a different sim... but...

Where are the image files for the little generic blue/grey icons displayed in the manifest? the ones you click on to view the character bio? I'm looking to swap them out, and I can't find them anywhere in the skin or NOVA files. I must be going mad. :lol:

Thanks!

AgentPhoenix Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: Manifest Icon Alteration?

There are 2 ways to replace them.

If you want to replace them just for a specific skin, you can just put the images you want into the skin's main/images folder with the image names of combadge.png, combadge_eloa.png, combadge_loa.png, and combadge_npc.png. When Nova sees those images in there, it'll use them instead of what's in the core.

If you'd prefer to replace them for every skin, you can put the images you want into the genre assets folder. (If you're using the DS9 genre for example, you'd put them into application/assets/common/ds9/images.) Just make sure they're properly name (combadge.png, combadge_eloa.png, combadge_loa.png, and combadge_npc.png) and Nova should take care of the rest.

ErrorCodes Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Return to Skinning