Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

[Help-Not Urgent] Jquery Themeroller

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Stormwolfe Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:32 pm

[Help-Not Urgent] Jquery Themeroller

Hey Y'all,

I have a minor cosmetic issues. It's the OCD side of me.

I have modded a number skins for my personal use and always used the Jquery Themeroller tool to do my jquery.ui.theme.css so the datepicker and everything is all neat and tidy.

This time, I create my custom theme, download, make the image link changes in the .css, upload my images, save it all that. When I go to the site to test / check the datepicker, it's overlay (background) is transparent so it looks pretty hideous.

I have tried doing this with all of the versions that the tool offers and they all do the same thing.

Has something changed that anyone knows of? I will confess, it's driving me a tad bonkers! Makes me nuts when something doesn't match. LOL.

Thanks Lots to anyone for help!

AgentPhoenix Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: [Help-Not Urgent] Jquery Themeroller

More than likely it's because ThemeRoller is using jQuery UI 1.11 and Nova 2 uses jQuery UI 1.8. My guess is something changed in jQuery UI and things don't line up any more. You'll probably need to dig in to Firebug or Chrome's developer tools to see what area isn't being styled and make the changes manually.

Stormwolfe Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:05 pm

As I said, it's not urgent! ROFL.

I'll give the old Firebug another try sometime. I tried it a bit, but had no look figuring out where the transparency was out of whack. But, there's always tomorrow!

Thanks alot. Kinda good to know that it wasn't my system.
Last edited by Stormwolfe on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AgentPhoenix Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Haha, well I'm not saying it's NOT your system, but the jQuery UI version could have something to do with it and that's probably the best place to start looking. You should start with a skin that does work and see where the overlay "lives" and then you can use that to look on the skin that isn't working.

Stormwolfe Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:Haha, well I'm not saying it's NOT your system, but the jQuery UI version could have something to do with it and that's probably the best place to start looking. You should start with a skin that does work and see where the overlay "lives" and then you can use that to look on the skin that isn't working.

I will give that another try. For now, I'm using Titan's theme and it mostly matches. It just puts a bit of blue where I don't want it. Not even much blue. Who knows? I might talk myself into liking it!

Seriously, I'll work through it in a day or so.

Thanks again!

Stormwolfe Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Update Only

With a tiny bit of effort, I managed to isolate the offending blue text within the jquery theme.css file. Changing it then was a simple matter of find/replace. Now, whether this has broken something else, I don't yet know! The datepicker overlay still works correctly, but am using the theme from Titan (Nova 2 version). It still has more gray than I like, but it doesn't look bad.

Thanks again for the tips above!

PS: It was only a themeroller version issue not my system, so for now, looks like any jquery.ui.theme.css changes will have to be done manually.

Return to Skinning