[Question-Not Urgent] Change Wiki From One Skin to Another?

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Stormwolfe Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:49 pm

[Question-Not Urgent] Change Wiki From One Skin to Another?

Good Day,

I have a question...a two-part question actually.

1. Would it be possible to take, say the wiki from the Lightness or Sunny skin, and use it instead of the wiki skin/layout that is on the one that I currently have? I like the layout of the one that shows the recent pages/updates in the header area (I'd have to upload the two skins again to know which one). I am using, I believe, a heavily modified Titan.

2. If it is possible, would I just use the wiki componenets that are included with the theme, mod them to my colors, and upload or would there be other adjustments I'd need to make - in the templates, for example?

Thanks Much!

AgentPhoenix Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: [Question-Not Urgent] Change Wiki From One Skin to Anoth

You can really do it that way, but it's probably a lot more work. Ideally, if you just copy the wiki pieces from a skin that you want to copy into your own and modify them, then your users get those changes without having to make personal changes to their own preferences.

Stormwolfe Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: [Question-Not Urgent] Change Wiki From One Skin to Anoth

Oh cool! Thanks, Agent Phoenix.

So no leaping through hoops, just a simple replacement and then mod to suit my skin's look. Here's to hoping I can get it close!

Thanks again.

Return to Skinning