Change Font Size?

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

lsaalm Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Change Font Size?

Anyone know how to change the font size in the wiki system pages? It appears none of my html or xhtml commands are working and they get automatically deleted whenever the page is saved.

Emily Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Change Font Size?

Maybe try going into the wiki section's CSS and changing that element's font-size? Or define a new element's font size and place it in the wiki using that class?

lsaalm Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Wolfie wrote:Or define a new element's font size and place it in the wiki using that class?

I'd love to try but I'm new to CSS...how do I do this?

Emily Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:18 pm

It depends what you want to change and where, exactly?

lsaalm Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:23 pm

I'd like to change the font sizes in the system wiki front page, as well as those on the various site manifests. But every time I attempt to put in a font size change command, Nova automatically deletes that command when I save the page.

lsaalm Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Stormwolfe Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:11 pm

I think it depends on whether you are trying to change the font strictly on a one-time basis or overall... Hope someone corrects me if I am wrong!

If you are wanting to make the change permanent to specific pages, I think you need to do that in your skin.css and maybe in a couple of other css files as well so that it all matches seamlessly.

If you are only wanting to change the font for one instance (i.e. just on one wiki page or post page), I'm not 100% sure if Nova allows that or how to go about it. Nova is pretty HTML friendly on most font and text styling so you could check out some of the info on W3 Schools...

So not sure if any of this is helpful or not.

lsaalm Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm trying to do it on a one-time basis and I've been using every combination of font size change HTML and XHTML code that I can think of. Nova isn't taking any of it and it removes anything inside of the the <font> tag as soon as I click save.

AgentPhoenix Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Wiki content is protected against XSS attacks which strips out tags like that. You won't be able to change that without overriding that method in the wiki controller to change it.

lsaalm Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks for the clarification, I understand now.

Return to Skinning