Header tweak request

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Penta Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:47 am

Header tweak request

So, I'm using LadyBird's awesome ship_1 skin with my site, USS Jerusalem. (It's not the default skin for reasons I will explain below.)

The tweak I need made (that I seem unable to do myself with GIMP) is to replace the "Nova 2.3" text in the headerbg.png image (which I'll link to the photobucket of) with something (in the same font or a different font, artist's choice, but something either in blue or gold please) saying USS Jerusalem.

Below, the image:

If anybody can tweak it for me, let me know. :)

Emily Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 am

Penta Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Header tweak request

Awesome. How should I credit you in the credits file?

Emily Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Don't worry about it. :)

Penta Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:10 pm

CO_Argent Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Are there any primers on skinning? I'm not looking for anyone to do anything specific for me; I just want to (for a start) know how to replace those header images properly. Thanks in advance.

Emily Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:48 pm

CO_Argent wrote:Are there any primers on skinning? I'm not looking for anyone to do anything specific for me; I just want to (for a start) know how to replace those header images properly. Thanks in advance.

The best thing to do is just take the header (or the size of the header) and work off of that layering things above it and/or just changing the background completely.

LadyBird Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:43 am

Most of my skins have instructions on how to do it. You just have to read them ;)

Return to Skinning