Blank Space with Tabs

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Emily Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:29 pm

Blank Space with Tabs

I updated the tabs in the page to fit other bootstrap elements in the site and now I have a gigantic gap between the tabs and the bottom of the sub nav. It appears somehow they're related, but I can't figure out how to fix it without giving the content the position of absolute, and that renders the sub nav null.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

http://hyperion.wolfsims.net/sim/stats

AgentPhoenix Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: Blank Space with Tabs

It's probably because you have a floated menu and your tab content is extending beyond the container it's in. If you're going all-in on Bootstrap, you really should have your entire template using the Bootstrap grid to help avoid issues like that.

Emily Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:44 pm

See, it's not "all bootstrap." I've only taken the nav elements from bootstrap, not the actual doc itself. How do you recommend I fix it?

AgentPhoenix Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:03 pm

You're just gonna need to play around with it and see if you can squeeze things in. Use Firebug or the Chrome developer tools to see if you can isolate where it's having an issue. Easier to troubleshoot when you know exactly what's going on.

In the longer run, I'd move the templates over to the grid to help mitigate more issues moving forward.

Emily Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:14 pm

I was able to fix it by making the content absolute and giving the sub nav a z-index, if anyone else had this problem. :D

Return to Skinning