Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

New Skin

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

joe_rhimer Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 pm

New Skin

Hey guys,

I wanted to create a new skin in Nova based on Titan. I can't remember how you did it. I know there was another file that you had to make so that Nova knew the skin was there, but for the life of me I can't find it. I'm running 2.3.2. I thought there used to be a wiki or something with all of this information, but I can't seem to find that either... any help (even a link to the wiki) would be amazingly appreciated!

Thanks!
Aaron

AgentPhoenix Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:56 pm

Re: New Skin

The wiki is gone because we switched servers and moving that information over was going to be way too time-costly. I'm in the process of building a new help center. For the time being though, you can just start by copying the contents of the skin you want to duplicate into your own folder and modifying them. The file you're thinking about is the QuickInstall file which is the skin.yml file.

joe_rhimer Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:43 pm

It still only shows me the Titan skin, though, instead of my second skin (I named the folder Antares). There's another place that you had to list it I thought so that it would show in the drop down. Am I being dense?

joe_rhimer Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 pm

D'OH! Never mind, I forgot you had to add it in the skin catalog. Color me dumb lol

Return to Skinning