Help with Text colours

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

matthew Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:40 am

Help with Text colours

I have spent ages looking through the css files in the defualt skin of Nova 2 and i can't find the right bit of coding for text colours. When i say this i mean the text that is in the main body of the main page. I am looking for the coding that will allow me to change the colour of the main page user input text. Is there a bit of coding? Am I in the right place? Is there a bit of coding i can put in to make the text have a gradient?

Please help?!

AgentPhoenix Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: Help with Text colours

Are you looking for the text in the body of the pages or for the text in the text fields? There's a difference.

matthew Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:02 pm

I think the text fields... The text that a user can add through the messages option... I know i can add a HTML tag but want i wanted to know is if the default colour can be preset through css (ot other) coding? I would really like a gradient... Is this possible?

Matthew

AgentPhoenix Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:23 pm

In each section's skin.css file, there's code that looks like this:

Code: Select all
input[type=text],
input[type=password],
input[type=email],
textarea,
select

That's what controls input styling. There's also rules below it about when the field is focused as well. Just change the values you want in your skin. (You'll need to do it in each section individually.)

As for gradient text, it's possible, but not easy. Since it isn't natively supported, you end up having to create image masks or use vendor prefixes that only work in one browser, so your best bet is to stay away from that altogether. It will actually make things less readable by doing that too. When it comes to text, your best bet is to use color and possibly web fonts as well.

Return to Skinning