Krace's Skins

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Williams Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 am

Re: Krace's Skins

Found the missing file. I've uploaded the full set to my Xtras as version 1.1 - if you download that, then the file you're missing is /helpers/panel_helper.php

Add that file to your site and that should fix the skin.
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

Stormwolfe Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Matt,

Thanks so much! I'll do that later today. I so appreciate the help on this!

Warmest Regards

Stormwolfe Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Krace's Skins [Serenity Skin]

Matt,

Again, thank you for your assistance and most of all, your patience.

I uploaded Serenity 1.1 and checked it out. It looks great, but the Player avatar only shows the no-avatar.png. I checked applications/logs and am getting some more infobox related errors.

May I plead for a little more help. I feel like it's something really obvious that I'm missing, but when I look at the lines indicated by the error log, I can't figure out where the issue might be.

Here are the errors thrown this time around...

Code: Select all
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:30 --> Severity: Warning  --> mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 10
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:30 --> Severity: Warning  --> mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 18
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:30 --> Severity: Warning  --> mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 32
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:30 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined variable: char_name /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 133
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:45 --> Severity: Warning  --> mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 10
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:45 --> Severity: Warning  --> mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 18
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:45 --> Severity: Warning  --> mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 32
ERROR - 2016-02-11 15:02:45 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined variable: char_name /home/kfjgjiuy/public_html/application/views/serenity/_global/pages/infobox.php 133

Blessed Be and thank you yet again.

Williams Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Hmm, that's strange. Those errors suggest that instead of getting the user data, it's returning a boolean.

This may take a bit of digging to try and figure out. I take it you're logged in, have a main character set, and have an image on that character?

I'll install the skin on an existing site of mine and have a play around with it
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

ImageImage

Williams Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Oh, quick question - are your database tables prefixed nova_ or did you change that in the site installation? If you changed it, then you'll need to change the database call to match whatever you changed the table prefix to (as I've said before, the infobox mod was a bit of a quick and dirty execution of it, since I couldn't figure out how to get it working with the controllers/models/etc setup that Nova's regular pages have)
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

ImageImage

Williams Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:39 pm

It's also worth noting as I go through the code again, that if you are running a genre other than DS9, you'll need to change the relevant database calls on lines 30, 37 and 49.
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

ImageImage

AgentPhoenix Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Do you have your stuff on Github, Krace? If you do, let me know and I'd be happy to add some code comments to point you in the right direction with some of these little things.

Williams Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:16 am

I don't, but I'll see about getting it up there so you can have a look

Edit: https://github.com/Krace/nova2-infobox/ ... nfobox.php
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

ImageImage

Williams Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:25 am

With AgentPhoenix's help, the infobox mod has been upgraded to make use of Nova's controllers and models. This should eliminate any issues that you may have with different genres or database prefixes, as it allows Nova to do the work of gathering the information from the database, instead of trying to do it all itself.

I've uploaded it as version 2.0 of the infobox mod; I'll be updating the relevant skin downloads to make use of this new version of the infobox shortly, but in the meantime you should be able to grab the files you need from there.

Stormwolfe; all you should need to do is replace the infobox.php file on your site with the one included in the mod, and upload the autoconfig.php file to /application/config/ - that should hopefully deal with any issues you're having.

http://xtras.anodyne-productions.com/item/Krace/infobox
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

ImageImage

Stormwolfe Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 am

Awesome and thank you again for all of the hard work. I will make the changes later today and report back if you like.

I love the Serenity skin (and the Endeavor Blue as well). I can't wait to get them working right!

Warmest Regards

Stormwolfe Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Re: Krace's Skins [Serenity]

Matt,

I made the changes and, so far, I am not receiving any errors in application/logs at all! Any time you want a guinea pig, call on me because I can break the unbreakable! ROFL.

The skin is absolutely fabulous! I just need to decide if I want to tackle doing a dark version for my users that only want dark themes or if I will simply install Endeavor Blue as my dark option at Exiles of the Stars. I really prefer the Personnel page layout and wide (fluid) layout of Serenity so it might be time to break out my crayons. *grins*

Anyway, thank you so much for all the hard work and the beautiful skin. I look forward to playing with it and coming up with a header logo I like better than the one I just put up.

Warmest Regards!

Williams Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Glad you like them :)

Serenity (aside from the various mods included) is a fairly simple skin, so it shouldn't be too difficult to change the colours around (it's made easier by only having to modify one or two files for the vast majority of the changes under the _global folder, rather than having to do it to each section individually), but if you need help with recolouring it, let me know :)
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

ImageImage

Stormwolfe Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks again and Serenity is a beautiful skin!

As far as changing up the colors, it's only a case of me coming up with a header logo I really like and then coming up with a simple color palette. Then I sit down with Google Inspect or Firebug and make the changes, test, update the file, and so on until I have all the nitpicky little things changed over. I cannot do any major structural changes such as the bio layouts and Personnel page layouts (most are too squished left to suit me)...

And yes! I love the global CSS options. I've already used that to change out the blue at the top for black and to increase the size of the posting box (content box) in the writing control panel. It'll be a tad trickier if I decide to use the same skin for my fantasy game because I want to keep my current fixed background image (a ghostly great sword)

Worst change I'll have to tackle is if I decide to use our ship for the header image! I loathe Photoshop and it hates me too.

Thanks again and Warmest Regards!

cmdrlanc Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm

I know this is a bit of a necro thread, but I'm having a problem and figured I'd ask. No matter what I do (setting the default display options, etc) I cannot get Serenity to show open positions. You have to manually toggle them each time the page loads. If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Previous

Return to Skinning