Newbie question

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Aelanna Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Newbie question

I am brand new to using Nova, although I've been a player and GM of games of many genres for the last 30+ years. I just got Nova installed and it seems to be working, but I can't figure out how to change the skin from the default to something that looks better. I downloaded a skin and uploaded it to the site following the instructions that came with the skin, but I can't figure out how to activate the skin so that it shows on the site. Everything is still drab default green.

Captain_Harrison Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Newbie question

If you have full admin access, on the side in the Admin Control Panel should be a link called "Skin Catalogue". Go in there and all the skins you've uploaded but not installed should appear there, with a quick "install" button.

If everything works, the skin will be fully installed and then you can go into "Settings" within the Site Management section and change the default skin that visitors and crew that aren't logged in see when they visit your website.

Return to Skinning