Large Gap in Wiki of Dark Frontier skin

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

jts2485 Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Large Gap in Wiki of Dark Frontier skin

Hello,

I'm rather fond of the Dark Frontier skin, though I've heavily modified its appearance to suit my own whims.

I am having an issue with the Wiki content pages. There is a gap between the page title and the author line that I just can't explain. When logged in, this gap is filled with the options for editing and viewing history and such. When logged out, though, there is a gap.

You can see the issue on this page:

http://str.utopia-host.com/index.php/wiki/view/page/6

I've noticed this in use with other sites. A Star Trek group I'm in uses the Endeavour Blue skin, and has this gap. I went back and cleared out all modifications and loaded up the original skin files. The gap still exists when the skin is in its original state. I do not see this sort of gap in the Pulsar (Default) or Titan skins.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem elsewhere? If so, have you found a solution that may be helpful? I love the look of my modifications, as I like simple, graphics-light designs. However, this gap has been driving me bonkers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Williams Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Large Gap in Wiki of Dark Frontier skin

It looks like it's an issue with the CSS floats. The top of the body section lines up perfectly with the bottom of the subnav.

You can try this as a quick fix (and then if it works, I'll go and make sure any of my skins have it or something similar in the base code):
Go to the CSS file for the wiki section (can't remember if it's called main.css or skin.css, but something along those lines)

At the bottom, add the following:
Code: Select all
#one, #two, #three, #four, #five, #six, #seven, #eight, #nine, #ten {
    clear: inherit;
}
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

jts2485 Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:15 am

Re: Large Gap in Wiki of Dark Frontier skin

Thank you!

I originally posted this in March, and gave up checking back on it by the time you had replied in May. I came back today and saw your answer.

I added the lines to the main.css file in the wiki folder, and it fixed it. Until trying your fix, the only solution I had found was to kick the menu back over to the right hand of the screen.

It fixed it for both Endeavour Blue and Dark Frontier.

Return to Skinning