Infobox Issue In Dark Frontier Skin

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

jts2485 Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:17 am

Infobox Issue In Dark Frontier Skin

This is my first post to this forum. I'm new to Nova, and not very experienced with working with coding. I understand a little bit, just enough to change colors and such. However, it's a lot of trial and error, move a code then put it back when it doesn't work correctly.

I'm a little stumped as to this issue though. The Dark Frontier skin uses the "infobox" mod. The mod is reading the ranks incorrectly. I have my character set to commodore, but the info box says "rear admiral" when I am logged in. It does this for every rank except for Fleet Admiral. (i.e. Captain = commodore, rear admiral = vice admiral, commander = captain, etc.)

I have adjusted colors a lot. The only adjustment I made to any coding was to change the wiki PHP and CSS files to match the layouts of the main pages. I did recently switch my Nova genre to MOV rather than DS9 so that I could install the movie era rank set.

I am wondering if anyone might have any advice on how to get the infobox to read the correct rank. This isn't a big deal, as it is only visible to anyone logged in, but it is confusing.
Last edited by jts2485 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jts2485 Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: Infobox Issue In Dark Frontier Skin

I seem to have found the solution.

I had to go into the infobox.php and manually change the following lines (and any other similar) to "mov" rather than "ds9."

$posbQuery = "SELECT pos_name FROM nova_positions_mov WHERE pos_id = '$position_2'";

AgentPhoenix Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Glad you got it sorted out. I don't remember who created the infobox MOD, but they might be able to chime in or release an update for this sort of use-case.

jts2485 Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:48 pm

The original creator was a gentleman by the name of Matt Williams. I attempted to contact him about a separate issue through his web design site, but have not heard back.

Williams Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Yeah, sorry about that; for some reason the contact form on my site wasn't working as it should have, but I didn't get any notification of errors or a need to update the config, so I wasn't aware of it until it was pointed out.
I'll see about doing an update for that mod at some point; I remember doing a bunch of work to try and generalise it, but maybe I missed that one out (or forgot to upload that version to the Xtras site)
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

jts2485 Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:24 am

I see. Understandable. Thank you for responding here. Apologies for my lateness. I haven't checked here in a very long time.

Return to Skinning