[Help] Hyperion Manifest

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Captain_Harrison Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 pm

[Help] Hyperion Manifest

Howdy, Just hoping that I can get some help with this. I loaded the Hyperion skin to one of my simulations as it is a pretty neat skin, but the manifest is so small, and there is all this blank space off to the right of the screen.

http://uss-excalibur.com/index.php/personnel/index

All I want to do is get the manifest space out more towards the middle. Not sure how to do that as the file system for the skin only has a global folder and not the folders like the other skins have and it's really confusing me as to how to make the changes.

Captain_Harrison Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: [Help] Hyperion Manifest

Nobody has a solution to this?

AgentPhoenix Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:18 am

Emily and a handful of other skin developers have moved to a simpler file structure for their skins. It just means you edit in one place instead of bouncing between several places. Just make your edits in the global/css files and you should be fine.

Captain_Harrison Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:31 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:Emily and a handful of other skin developers have moved to a simpler file structure for their skins. It just means you edit in one place instead of bouncing between several places. Just make your edits in the global/css files and you should be fine.

Not really helpful, I looked in there and not one edit I made had any effect on it. Normally, it is easy when I know what actual file or line I'm looking for. This "simpler file structure" for me makes it more confusing. Nothing against the team, just giving you a real-world application that it makes it harder to do edits. I've had to change skins now.

cmdrlanc Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:35 am

I don't normally say a lot on here, but I have two things I'd like to say.

1) That was unnecessarily rude to Emily and her team. I don't understand .CSS very well myself either, but to come on an open forum and have a go at the skin team, because you don't understand the code behind it all well enough to effectively make edits, is not only rude, but makes you look like a proper twit.

2) Edits to .CSS are sometimes tricky beasties. I have found often that you're either editing the wrong line of code, or even more frustrating is when you are making the correct edit, but the browser isn't displaying it properly. I would suggest before having a pout, and lecturing the design team about you "having to go change skins", maybe you might try a 'hard refresh' (ctrl + F5 in chrome, not sure of other browsers) or maybe even try a different browser.

3) Not to attempt to speak for the team, but a viewing of the files seems to indicate, at least to me, a complete layman, that you are looking for the "table" elements in the "structure" file, starting around line 132.

Return to Skinning