[Help] Serenity Skin Color Change?

Nova includes a new and robust way of skinning the entire system without ever touching the core of the application. If you have questions about how to build a theme for Nova, how to modify a theme or you just want to show off your work, this is the place to do it!

Stormwolfe Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 pm

[Help] Serenity Skin Color Change?

Matt,

My apologies but I need another bit of help with Serenity although this might not be a skin specific question.

I am still tweaking my dark version - which is looking great, btw. You can see it at Chronicles of Aereth RPG.

On the Writing Control Panel, and maybe elsewhere, there is an icon to the right of the post title that when you hover over it, it displays the authors of the post.

It comes up as white and since I had to change my text to light gray in order for it to work with the dark skin, it's nearly illegible. Added to that, the white background just looks funky on the dark skin.

For the life of me, I cannot find where to go to change the color on the background.

Could I get some help in finding that?

Thank you (and everyone else) for any and all help.

Williams Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:32 am

Re: [Help] Serenity Skin Color Change?

I don't have the skin installed on my laptop right now to test this, but looking in the skin installed on my own site, it looks like that popover has a class set of 'popover'. There's no mention to it in the serenity skin files, but doing a search through the Nova repository on GitHub shows that the Titan skin mentions it - so I'd guess that it gets left to whatever its default is in most skins, but that if you want to override it you need to add the relevant CSS.

Here's the code that's in the Titan skin that I think should adjust the colour for you. Try adding that into either serenity/_global/css/skin.css or serenity/admin/css/overrides.css and seeing if it changes it for you. If it does, you can then modify the colours to match what you need them to:
Code: Select all
.popover .title {
   background-color: #34363a !important;
   color: #fff !important;
   border-bottom: none !important;
}
.popover .content {
   background: #34363a !important;
}
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

Stormwolfe Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 am

Matt,

Thank you so very much! I tried using Safari's version of Firebug but got nowhere!

I'll add the code and see what happens!

Stormwolfe Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am

Mr. Williams, Sir!

That worked absolutely perfect!

I added the following to...

views/serenity/_global/css/skin.css

Code: Select all
/*
|---------------------------------------------------------------
| EVERYTHING ELSE
|---------------------------------------------------------------
*/
.popover .title {
   background-color: #34363a !important;
   color: #fff !important;
   border-bottom: none !important;
}
.popover .content {
   background: #34363a !important;
}

Fixed all of the popovers that I've found so far. I still need to go through and polish up the tab backgrounds and buttons to match, but I can now update it and add it as the dark alternative to the other site I run with Serenity as its default.

If anyone ever contacts you about a dark version of Serenity, I'll happily supply Dark Serenity.

Thank you again!

Stormwolfe Thu May 25, 2017 6:56 am

Re: [Help] Serenity Header Image Change?

Help Me, Help Me *imitates The Fly*

I need to change the header graphic in the Missions Group page (see screen shot). I have found it in the ui theme css, but in the past, I made these changes by using Jquery Theme Roller to create a new theme. The last time that I tried that, it did not work. I believe it was a case of the version of the theme roller vs. the version in Nova.

Any thoughts, suggestions, hints, help? I would like to get a glossy look header image in dark gold or a shade of dark brown. My graphic skills are limited. Would love to just roll a new ui theme entirely.

Thanks!

Return to Skinning