Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

500 Internal Server Error

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Captain_Harrison Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:11 am

500 Internal Server Error

This is probably the first time since I started updating Nova that I've ever run into an issue, so it is probably something so basic that I've missed it somewhere. I've tried updating one of my websites to Nova 2.4.1. this morning and I did everything that I've always done... deleted the Nova directory, uploaded the new files, and I even moved the Mail.php file for good measure and then I went to finish the update and I got this:-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email removed] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any reason why? I'd love to be able to go back to Nova 2.4 or even Nova 2.3 but can't seem to find the download file for that. I'm hoping I've just missed a step or done something that is a simple fix, as I've worked really hard on getting this website up and running.

Captain_Harrison Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:18 am

Re: 500 Internal Server Error

I found the issue!!! Seems the index.php file had overridden itself to be 6-6-6 instead of 6-4-4. It was coming up as being able to be written by World and Others when it shouldn't have been.

I had a feeling it was something so small. :) Happy person here again :)

Return to Help