Nova 2.4 bug

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Azmaria Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Nova 2.4 bug

Fatal error: Call to undefined method My_Security::_validate_entities() in /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/core/core/Nova_security.php on line 63

Commenting out the aforementioned line 63, it again works.

PHP version 5.4.41
Last edited by Azmaria on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azmaria Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Nova 2.4 bug

An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested class: mail

That pops up when i try to save a post. (or do anything that would generate an email)

Emily Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Azmaria, how did you get past the security error? I've encountered it, and so have some others.

Azmaria Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:06 pm

as i said above, i opened the offending file and commented it out. not entirely sure what that line is even supposed to do...

either way, the email thing just generates an error rather than an email so the one thing i hoped this patch would fix is even more broken...

RaWolfe Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Mmm updated it and got the same bug.

AgentPhoenix Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Sorry, missed a step in the update process... you'll need to copy the Mail.php file from the zip archive's application/libraries folder to the same folder on your installation, then the emails should start working again. I'll push an update to fix the other issue for everyone. Sorry about that.

AgentPhoenix Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:01 pm

Nova 2.4.1 is out and addresses the error thrown from the Nova_security class. Sorry about that. Undocumented change from CodeIgniter unfortunately.

Emily Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Thank you very much! :)

RaWolfe Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:18 am

Updated and fixed :D

RaWolfe Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:22 am

Thought when I accepted a new crewmember into the ship...I got an email error:

Unable to load the requested class: mail

And it does not send the mail towards the people, but does store it on the website?

I noticed the guide on the site, tried to follow that and see what happened.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [<removed emails>] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' in /home/<domain>/domains/wolffactor.nl/public_html/tornado/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:348 Stack trace: #0 /home/<domain>/domains/wolffactor.nl/public_html/tornado/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(263): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('<email removed>...') #1 /home/<domain>/domains/wolffactor.nl/public_html/tornado/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(106): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array) #2 /home/<domain>/domains/wolffactor.nl/public_html/tornado/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(63): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array) #3 /home/<domain>/domains/wolffactor.nl/public_html/tornado/nova/modules/swiftmailer/cl in /home/<domain>/domains/wolffactor.nl/public_html/tornado/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 348

for privacy reason, emails removed and domain also removed.

Azmaria Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:05 am

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [azmariaxelloss@gmail.com,ckleinatland@mail.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' in /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:348 Stack trace: #0 /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(263): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('azmariaxelloss@...') #1 /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(106): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array) #2 /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(63): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array) #3 /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleHeaderFactory.php(58): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setFieldBodyModel(Array) #4 /home/splitwo/publi in /home/splitwo/public_html/citadel/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 348

Got this Fatal Error trying to generate an email. Next patch please.

AgentPhoenix Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:14 am

2.4.2 is out and should fix the error.

RaWolfe Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:59 am

It works indeed, I am not getting any error and when posting it I get the email. Yet when I save the email I dont get any email. Is this a setting or another bug?

Correction: I don't receive mail when I am soul owner of the JP (so nobody else in it). But when I add someone into it...it mails me.

~Ra

AgentPhoenix Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:17 pm

I believe that's the way it's always worked. It will only send saved notifications when there's more than 1 author on the post. Wouldn't make any sense to send those saved post notifications when you're the only person because you're the one who just saved it, so there's no need to notify you.

Next

Return to Help