Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Nova 2.1 database update issue

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

DeathKitten Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Nova 2.1 database update issue

Hiya,

I just ran the update from 2.0.3 to 2.1, and it doesn't seem to want to update the database correctly. It doesn't seem to matter which set of nova files I use. The only error I get is displaying the two pages related to versions: What's New and System Information & Version History.

If I put it back to the 2.0.3 files, it gets me database errors for both of those pages, but if I put it to the 2.1 files, it gives me a 404 for What's New and displays System Information & Version History okay, saying that the database is still 2.0.3 and the system files and Code Igniter are 2.1.

On What's New:
Code: Select all
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1146

Table 'prima__vista.nova_system_versions' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM (`nova_system_versions`) WHERE `version` = '2.0.3'

Filename: /home/deathkitten/prima-vista.brassfrog.net/nova/modules/core/models/nova_system_model.php

Line Number: 163

On System Information & Version History:
Code: Select all
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1146

Table 'prima__vista.nova_system_versions' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM (`nova_system_versions`) ORDER BY `version_id` desc

Filename: /home/deathkitten/prima-vista.brassfrog.net/nova/modules/core/models/nova_system_model.php

Line Number: 66

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts on what to do to fix it?

ps. Feel free to kick me for being stupid, I didn't backup the database before I started. I know. I know. Super stupid. I'm hoping that if it actually did something to the database, instead of just failing to run, I can do a manual fix, but I fully understand I may be S.O.L if that's not the case. I'm crossing my fingers though, but I really do know better. >_<

AgentPhoenix Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Nova 2.1 database update issue

The What's New page was removed, but the menu item is still there. Just delete the What's New menu item. The system version stuff will be corrected in the next update. Both are trivial issues.

DeathKitten Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 pm

So the system's just going to tell me that there's an upgrade available until you get the chance to release the fix? If that's all that's wrong, it's easy enough to ignore the "upgrade available" until I see something on the forum. Certainly better than being told I'd hosed my database.

Thank you.

AgentPhoenix Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 am

Correct. I got overzealous when pulling the versions and components stuff out and accidentally pulled out the piece that updates the info table to update it with the version.

Stormwolfe Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:15 am

Good Day All...Read this thread and just want to confirm that I will see the following until the next release?

update_required

update_outofdate_database

Run the update »

This shows in my control panel.

Thanks Lots ~ JC

AgentPhoenix Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Correct.

Alternatively, you can go in to the system_info table in the database and change the version info and then you won't see it. Otherwise, 2.1.1 will address the issues.

Stormwolfe Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks for that! It'll be nice to have it go away.

Blessed Be,

~ JC

Update: Updated the system info table and all is good. Now I don't have to fear one of my admins hitting the wrong button! :o

Thanks Again ~ JC

kaderith Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to Jericho for posting the question with a neat, clear title that helped me find this thread and to AgentPhoenix for a quick and helpful answer!

That took care of my question for today as well..

You both rock!

~and now.. back to hiding in the air conditioning from the melt-your-face heat around here today...

Estaban Maturin Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 pm

kaderith wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to Jericho for posting the question with a neat, clear title that helped me find this thread and to AgentPhoenix for a quick and helpful answer!

That took care of my question for today as well..

You both rock!

~and now.. back to hiding in the air conditioning from the melt-your-face heat around here today...

And I too want to say the same thing... and also hide in the A/C (preferably in the duct-work itself)

AgentPhoenix Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Nova 2.1.1 is out and should fix this issue.

Return to Help