Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

IMPORTANT SUPPORT INFORMATION

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

AgentPhoenix Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:03 pm

IMPORTANT SUPPORT INFORMATION

I didn't really think I'd need to bring this up, but it's clear I do.

When you report an issue or want to get help with something, we need some very important information in order to quickly identify the problem and work on a fix. First, and absolutely essential, is a link. Unless you've installed Nova locally, we need a link to be able to see what's going on. Second, and just about as important, is the browser you're using. The debugging process between IE and all the other browsers is very different, so knowing if you're only having the issue in IE is incredibly important (knowing which version of IE is helpful too). If it is an issue you're having in IE, you should be trying it another browser as well, such as Firefox or Chrome. I don't really care if you don't like it as your primary browser, if you want to help us out, install it so you can help us out with tracking down the issue. :P Third, it'd be helpful to know what steps you've already taken to troubleshoot the issue and what changes you've made to the system.

Once we have this information, it'll go a long ways toward us being able to resolve the issue. Thanks.

mathew edison Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: IMPORTANT SUPPORT INFORMATION

It might also be a good idea to tell us where it is you're getting the error. If the bug is in one of the controllers it'll be easier to track am I right?

AgentPhoenix Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: IMPORTANT SUPPORT INFORMATION

Actually, you're not. Nova isn't as straightforward as that. Things are pulled from all over the place. As long as I know what's wrong, I can usually pinpoint exactly what point in the system things are failing. The ranks issue recently is a perfect example. The error said it was in the ranks page when it was actually in a completely different component.

Return to Help