Rank Changing Error

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Blackbriar Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Rank Changing Error

Howdy. I recently installed Nova 2.5.1 on my website. When I go to change a character's rank I wind up getting a database error. I didn't know if you folks might know an easy fix before I have to get HostGator involved. Specifically, I was trying to change Army SSGT Nicolaides to Marine 1LT rank. When I did, it gave me this error.

I tried it again with the standard skin, then tried it in Microsoft Edge. Same error.

Edit/Update: I did talk to HostGator tech support. Their final response was this:

I have tested the database functionality, reviewed the server logs and could not find any issues from server end which is causing the database error.

I do sincerely apologize, however, this issue falls outside of what HostGator live support is able to troubleshoot and resolve. I recommend contacting a professional web developer or a development support forum for your software for further investigation and fix.

Just to clarify the error, I have no problems assigning an initial rank to a new character. The problem only occurs when I attempt to change the rank of a character that has already been created.
Blackbriar

AgentPhoenix Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Rank Changing Error

If you search, this error has popped up before. It's just a matter of updating the database to allow that field to be nullable.

Return to Help