New Users unable to access control panel

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Conchy Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:35 am

New Users unable to access control panel

Hey team, sorry to bother you again,

It seems that new players registering accounts are unable to access the admin page, instead receiving an error message once they have logged in:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested file: 0/template_admin.php

I've tried a test account on several browsers and computers but seem to get the same error, which is odd because my initial account still works fine, as does that of one of my players who has been on the site for a while.

Website is: http://mercurius.utopia-host.com/index.php/main/index

Version info is: Files Version: 2.5.1
Database Version: 2.5.1
CodeIgniter Version: 2.2.3

To reproduce the error I simply create a new account, when logging in it is immediately unable to access the control panel directly nor any of it's functions by copying the links from the account that does not have this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AgentPhoenix Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 am

Re: New Users unable to access control panel

Make sure that whatever skin is set as the default is still in the application/views folder. That usually happens when it can't find the folder where the specified skin is.

Conchy Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 am

I think I've noticed an error message related to what you're saying in the skin catalogue saying: You do not have defaults set for each skin section. Please set the defaults now to prevent any problems throughout the system!

I'm not precisely sure what that means, could I be a pain and ask for an explanation of what I need to do to fix that? I uninstalled pulsar at one point but then got a message about it and reinstalled it, it's currently installed and in the views folder.

Conchy Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:59 am

Actually, not to worry, I've sorted it. Thanks again!

Return to Help