Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Email Situation

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

22639 Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Email Situation

My site has stopped sending out emails when a post is posted or saved. I have tried changing my email address but nothing seems to help. I'm not getting any kind of error message...they just don't get sent....not to our spam or our inboxes. I have checked with my server (Utopia) and they say it's an Anodyne issue.

I am using version 2.5.0

My URL is http://uss-eclipse.utopia-host.com/index.php/main/index

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is very frustrating.

AgentPhoenix Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Re: Email Situation

Since nothing has changed with email in Nova, I have a hard time believing that Nova is at fault. Still, you can look in the log files (application/logs) and see if there's something in there that mentions emails or an error that jumps out at you.

While Utopia Host may not have made a chance, their service provider could have made changes to the servers. With this kind of issues, it's almost always a product of a hosting company making a change or somehow the site getting added to a blacklist somehow.

The only true solution is to move to a third-party SMTP service for sending email.

22639 Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 am

Re: Email Situation

I am. I have tried several. Nothing works. And Utopia denies it's their problem. Looks like it's time to change hosting services. Thank you for clarifying it.

Return to Help