Using the Sort by Timeline Mod...

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Lord_Trekie Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Using the Sort by Timeline Mod...

I'm going to chalk this one up to not being awake enough yet. So yeah, we're using the sort by timeline mod, and as I compare the mod file to the original, all it does is change it to sort by the timeline field instead of post date. Cool, fantastic, that's just what we wanted.

My dumb arse is just not comprehending why a post with the date '09/03/2323 - 0800' is appearing sorted after 20 some-odd properly sorted dates with '08/XX/2324 - XXXX'

PS: I'm really really really really sorry AP.

Edit: Is it because we're not going by YY/MM/DD?

jts2485 Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Re: Using the Sort by Timeline Mod...

It is, indeed, because you are using MM/DD/YYYY.

For my own group, I use a simple "stardate," which is the year, month, and day basically reversed. For example, December 12, 2407 = 240712.12

Because you are using a MM/DD/YYYY format, it is sorting it by the first number only. Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out how to make it work with this format. So, my recommendation is a slight adjustment to your format. Either an entirely numerical format like the one I use above, or something like "MD 001 0800 Hrs." Those methods sort very well.

Unfortunately, when you add the " / " to the format, it throws off the sorting. I wish I could do more to make it sort with various formats, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to do so.

I hope that helps. I've been using the mod since May with very, very good success with my format above. If you'd like to see an example of my own forma in action, please visit https://heyerdahl.bravofleet.games/

Return to Help