Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

HTML Colour code on Bioform dropdown

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Bomoor Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:38 am

HTML Colour code on Bioform dropdown

Hey there,

We use an alignment system within the bio form of our nova site, with the values colour coded for light and dark and I was hoping to make the process of selecting alignment values easier by making it a dropdown list. However, while I was able to insert the html colour code into the bio form, it seems to get removed before it actually appears on the character sheet. Is this Nova filtering out "malicious code" or am I doing something wrong?

I inserted the values into the system as below:
Code: Select all
-50,<font color="#800000">-50</font>
-45,<font color="#990000">-45</font>
-40,<font color="#b30000">-40</font>
etc

The colours work and look lovely on the "Edit bioform" page, but otherwise do not show up. I have tried it the other way around i.e. with the database value in html but that is even worse, with nothing appearing at all. If there is not a way to do this, I understand and I appreciate the advice.

In case it helps, the URL for the site is: http://www.starwars.anewage.co.uk/
It is running Nova 2.5.1

AgentPhoenix Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 am

Re: HTML Colour code on Bioform dropdown

It probably doesn't like the #, so you may need to try using the rgb format instead of hex (though that might give you similar issues). Worth a try though.

Bomoor Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 am

Thanks. I will give that a go.

Bomoor Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 am

I tried it as both:

<font color="rgb(128, 0, 0)">-50</font>

and as simply:

<font color="red">-50</font>

But neither worked. However, looking at the actual character page, it seems to be pulling through the database value, rather than the content, although that may just be because it does not like it when I try to add HTML to the database value.

AgentPhoenix Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 am

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the original post as closely as I should. My bad.

Yeah, that's no bueno. Most browsers won't let you put HTML in the content of a dropdown, so you'll probably need to come up with a different solution.

Return to Help