Replace "The Sim" to something else at /sim/index

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

LcNessie Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:13 am

Replace "The Sim" to something else at /sim/index

Hello, it's me again... sorry...

At first glance, this seems to be a similar question as viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3225 , but I think that one is outdated. The solution described there doesn't correlate with my version of Nova.

I was asked to try and replace the header "The Sim" to "The Fawkes" on the page:

https://mysim.mysite.url/index.php/sim/index

The header is pulled from the database as far as I can see. The string "The Sim" is only present in the installation scripts, and I see it in the database at nova_menu_categories, menucat_name.

I changed that value to "The Fawkes", in the hope that that would replace the header, but no dice.

Am I missing something?

AgentPhoenix Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Re: Replace "The Sim" to something else at /sim/index

The header is actually built up from 2 different language keys. Unfortunately, because of how that works through Nova, the only want to change that is by overriding the controller behind that URI.

You can copy the index method from nova/modules/core/controllers/nova_sim.php and paste it into application/controllers/sim.php. Then from there, you can make your changes to the $data['header'] item.

LcNessie Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Replace "The Sim" to something else at /sim/index

Thanks once again!

I will categorise this one as "above medium difficulty", but I managed to fix the title.

Return to Help