Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

2.5.5 saving new content when lockout expires

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

jasoncollege24 Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 pm

2.5.5 saving new content when lockout expires

url: https://seraphina.jasoncollege24.com/Nova (but issue is also present on all Nova installs on the same server)
tested with default skin? Yes, as well as Titan
tested with multiple browsers? Yes, Chrome (latest) and IE (latest)
searched the forums? Couldn't find anything about this

Not sure if this was happening with earlier version, or if this is actually by design, but here is how to reproduce it...

Login to Nova 2, and go to edit an existing post.
Instead of clicking any buttons, after adding new content, just let the lock out expire.
If you (or another involved player) clicks on the post after the lock out is gone, the unsaved content is actually saved to the post, but never emailed.

On one of the other sims on the server, this confused me, and a couple of other players. I had started editing a post, and got interrupted by real life. expecting the lockout to expire, and my changes to be lost, I selected all, copied, and pasted into notepad.

When I came back to my computer, I found a reply to the post in my email from another player in the post, which contained their changes, AND my unsaved changes. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Williams Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: 2.5.5 saving new content when lockout expires

That's been the behaviour of Nova for quite a while now - David may correct me, but I'm pretty sure that it's the intended behaviour. It's saved me from wasting a lot of time and effort in the past when a timeout expired on me for various reasons.
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

jasoncollege24 Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:53 pm

If saving is the intended behavior, then all is good, and I'll consider this solved.

Thanks

AgentPhoenix Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Saving is the intended behavior. Before Nova bails out, it makes sure to persist the changes to the database because of the very situation you're talking about. You're correct that it doesn't email the changes out because the idea was that if you were interrupted, you wouldn't necessarily want half-finished changes being emailed out. The idea was that you would be able to come back to it and finish the changes then have everything sent out.

jasoncollege24 Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Then I am mistaken, and this is resolved. Thanks!

Return to Help