SparkPost Issue

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

greenfelt22 Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 am

SparkPost Issue

Hello,

My host has required me to use SparkPost for sending emails for my Nova install. I've been using SparkPost for the last year, and everything was working great until this morning. I contacted my host to see if anything can be done, but I thought I'd drop a line here as well.

I'm running 2.4.5.

This is the error:

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "SMTP_Injection" using 2 possible authenticators' in /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(307): Swift_Transport_Esmtp_AuthHandler->afterEhlo(Object(Swift_SmtpTransport)) #1 /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(118): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->_doHeloCommand() #2 /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(79): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/core/libraries/Nova_mail.php(158): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message)) #4 /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/core/controllers/nova_messages.php(863): Nova_mail->send() #5 /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/core/controllers in /home/greenie/public_html/nova/modules/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php on line 181

Any ideas?

AgentPhoenix Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: SparkPost Issue

Have you made any changes to your site's settings or config files?

The authentication piece makes me think it's something on the SparkPost end.

greenfelt22 Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 pm

I did make changes solely to the email.php file. I did check my options with SparkPost and I tried a different port and everything started working again.

AgentPhoenix Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Glad you got it sorted out!

Return to Help