[Issue] 2.4.7 Update Issue, Database Error

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Stormwolfe Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:01 pm

[Issue] 2.4.7 Update Issue, Database Error

Hello,

I dislike using the word urgent in relation to a game! Therefore, urgent only means I can't run the update at my sites until resolved. :D

I am receiving the following error when I try to run the actual update files segment from my site. I am using the "Blank" genre so think it might have something to do with that from what I am reading. Unfortunately, I am not experienced with sorting database errors so need some help.

The error is...

Code: Select all
A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1060

Duplicate column name 'rankcat_genre'

ALTER TABLE `nova_catalogue_ranks` ADD `rankcat_genre` VARCHAR(10) DEFAULT 'blk' NOT NULL

Filename: /home/mayvnimx/public_html/nova/modules/assets/update/update_101.php

Line Number: 135

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Stormwolfe Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: [Issue] 2.4.7 Update Issue, Database Error

Update: I continued researching here and on my site. When I went back to my site, instead of the database error reported above, I had the Version 0.0.0 error. I found the post where the 0.0.0 error was reported and a fix was given.

I have followed those instructions and my site is functional and seems to be running the new version with no further problems.

Stormwolfe Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: [Issue] 2.4.7 Update Issue, Database Error

More Info,

Talking about a totally random issue! I updated my second Nova site which is identical to the one that had the database issue update from the original message. The only differences are the site's name/URL and color of the skin being used! :D

Did not get the issue on the second update.

So, this topic can be closed or deleted. Both my sites and the test site are operational and running without problems.

Return to Help