Sticky Login across IPs

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Williams Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Sticky Login across IPs

So I have a feeling that this isn't going to be possible with Nova 2's session method, but I figured I'd ask the question anyway.

The problem I am having lately is that when I'm at work, my PC's external IP address changes very often. I think it's more likely that we just have a range of external IP addresses, and we get load balanced onto them at random, rather than actually being assigned an IP in any way which auto-rotates. What that ultimately means is that I get logged off of Nova on an extremely regular basis while at work. This usually results in the following:

• Write a tag or PM
  • Hit save/send
  • Get told I'm not logged in
  • Open a new tab to log back in
  • Press 'back' on the initial tab to save myself having to write everything out again
  • Hit save/send
  • Rinse and repeat

It happens often enough that I've started pre-empting it by opening a new tab before I hit save/send to re-log in first.

My question is; is there any way to make Nova recognise that I am the same user, independently of my IP address? Through a cookie that holds my session ID maybe?
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

Return to Help