Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Installing Nova

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

iansacoustic Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:13 am

Installing Nova

Hi Every Body,

I think this just might be me being a bit thick at all this but after several attempts and following the guide provided by my web host I have been unable to install Nova and seem to keep falling at the first hurdle.

I've created a database with a user with all the permissions and uploaded all the files to the correct folder on my domain.

When i go to my site to go through the install process I get the following message

'ERROR 500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR'

I've contacted my hosts who have provided the following response:

From what I can see you are missing a file, /core/config/nova_config.php and there are no tables in your database.

I'd recommend deleting the databases and users, creating one new one using MySQL Wizard in cPanel. Deleting all the files from your server then re-uploading a fresh download of it and taking it from there.

We have a guide on our main site, you can find it below, which may help.

I have followed their steps as recommended but I still can't find the file they're talking about and keep getting the same message.

I'm getting a little bit frustrated at the moment, any help any one can give would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

my web address is usstoronto.utopia-host.com

AgentPhoenix Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:26 am

Re: Installing Nova

When I go to that address, I see an installed copy of Nova. Did you resolve the issue?

mrmoro Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried using 2.4.3-ds9 and 2.4.3sto but both throw up the ERROR 500 page.

Any ideas?

When I tried an old copy of 2.3.2ds9 I got straight through to the Config Setup page.

AgentPhoenix Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Is the server running PHP 5.3?

mrmoro Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:05 am

Thanks for your reply.

On the Verify Server Requirements screen (using 2.3.2-ds9) it states PHP 5.4.43

All of the other Components were a green success also.

mrmoro Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:32 am

I found the answer in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4209

I changed the permission to 6:4:4 and I got through to the Config Setup page :D

AgentPhoenix Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:04 am

Ah gotcha, sounds like the directory wasn't writable or something. I've made changes to Nova 3 already that look for that earlier in the process so that you know if that's gonna be a problem ahead of time.

BonnieWilson Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:38 am

An animated production is carried for the vital paths for the team. Yes, the visits of the https://fullsync.co.uk/maintaining-computer-hardware/ are ensured for the chunks. The path is fit for the hope of the goals for the chain and all eventual reports for the candidates.

Return to Help