New Rank Error

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

Conchy Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 pm

New Rank Error

Hi team,

I seem to be having an error when I attempt to make a new rank (in this case, that of Doctor with a blank blue sciences collar) as I have done with previous sims, but when I try to actually set a pre-existing NPC character with the rank, I get the following error.

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1048

Column 'prom_user' cannot be null

INSERT INTO `nova_characters_promotions` (`prom_char`, `prom_user`, `prom_date`, `prom_old_order`, `prom_old_rank`, `prom_new_order`, `prom_new_rank`) VALUES ('5', NULL, 1536704846, '29', '', '0', 'Doctor')

Filename: /home/mercuriu/public_html/nova/modules/core/models/nova_characters_model.php

Line Number: 609

Have tried in multiple browsers and in default skins. This is a relatively new install of Nova but I haven't had any other issues so far.

URL is http://mercurius.utopia-host.com

Version info is: Files Version: 2.5.1
Database Version: 2.5.1
CodeIgniter Version: 2.2.3

To reproduce the issue I would go into the rank catalogue, make a new rank with either a high or low order and the blank sciences blue collar, and set it as normal. I would then attempt to set the NPC it is for with that rank and then receive the error message above.

Any help possible would be appreciated.

AgentPhoenix Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Re: New Rank Error

This is an issue related to the version of MySQL that you're running. Things are a little more strict with MySQL these days than they were a while back, so the simple fix is to go into phpMyAdmin from your cPanel and update the prom_user field to allow nullable values. Once you do that, it should work again.

Conchy Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Success! Thanks a lot.

AgentPhoenix Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 am

No problem!

Tamas Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi,

I am having this problem, and when I go into phpMyAdmin, I can't find the prom_user field. Is there another step before I see it?

Return to Help