all Site Management menu entries duplicated

Having a problem getting Nova installed? Can't figure out why something isn't working right? This is the place to get help and report any bugs you find with Nova!

jasoncollege24 Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 pm

all Site Management menu entries duplicated

Issue: Menu entries under "Site Management" on the side menu in the Admin Control Panel are all duplicated. (2 of each entry)
Site URL: https://uss-imperator.jasoncollege24.com/ (This is a test copy, not the live site)
Nova version: 2.4.10 (Freshly updated. Issue is present in 2.3.2 on live site as well)
Present on default skin: Yes
Browsers tried: Google Chrome, and Opera
Forum search: turned up nothing that I could see about this

Steps to reproduce:
1. navigate to the given URL
2. Login with a System Administrator account
3. Navigate to Control Panel ("LCARS Interface" on this site)
4. Scroll down to see each entry under "Site Management" duplicated.

As far as I can tell, there are no mods installed, and no overrides that I can see. First thing I tried was to delete the nova directory, and upload a fresh copy. Didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

AgentPhoenix Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: all Site Management menu entries duplicated

Not sure why it would have duplicated the entries, but they're in the database now, so the only way to correct the issue is to remove the duplicates. If after deleting the entries you notice that happen again, post back here and I'll look in to it further.

jasoncollege24 Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:08 am

Re: all Site Management menu entries duplicated

I had this same thought, and have been looking... Where in the database would this be? I've looked in settings, where you edit menu items, and there are only single entries for that category there.

I've also looked in the nova_menu_items table, and couldn't see the duplicates there either.

if memory serves, overrides for the ACP would be in apps/views/_base_override/admin/pages which is empty, so I'm stumped.

Edit: I found the cause. Someone tried to create a new Menu Category, using the same Category ID as Site Management, causing it to display twice. Deleting the erronous category resolved the issue completely. Hope this helps someone else.

Return to Help