[General Inquiry - Not Urgent] Nova Website Hosting on OSX

Use this forum to talk about Nova and ask any questions you may have about it. Please use the Help & Support forum if you have found a bug or need help getting something working.

Stormwolfe Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:30 am

[General Inquiry - Not Urgent] Nova Website Hosting on OSX

Good Day,

I am just curious to know if anyone hosts their websites via their own OSX Server? I have an iMac, fairly new, that gets little use and was considering adding OSX Server to it. However, the only use I'd really have is for the wiki and hosting my 2 or 3 very tiny Nova based games. OSX Server is only $19.99 so that is not an issue for me.

What are the gotchas, if anyone knows? Any advice, input, etc. also welcome.

Best Regards and Much Thanks

AgentPhoenix Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:10 am

Re: [General Inquiry - Not Urgent] Nova Website Hosting on O

Shouldn't be any issues since it's a Unix-based system which is what a lot of hosting companies use.

Stormwolfe Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:52 am

I might give it a try and post my results. Will be awhile, because I'll have to sort which Mac to use.

Any recommendations on storage and speed should I decide to go with a new mac mini to run as the server?

Thanks Again!

AgentPhoenix Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:09 am

Any of the new Mac minis should be fine. You really don't need a ton to run a server. A solid state drive would be nice, but certainly not mandatory. Just make sure you've got a good amount of RAM.

Return to General