Join Dates

Use this forum to talk about Nova and ask any questions you may have about it. Please use the Help & Support forum if you have found a bug or need help getting something working.

Stephen Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:11 am

Join Dates

My sim is preparing to launch its own award system and part of the system includes service awards. The sim was originally play by forum and then changed format now using Nova to post. I had this grand plan that I was going to edit the join date in the database in order to have the milestones reflect the date they actually joined and not just the day they joined the Nova.

However... I've discovered that the join date is just some random string of text... I was wondering if there was anyway that I could decypher this magic code to update the dates or if there was a better way to do this... etc.

Thanks!

AgentPhoenix Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Join Dates

In Nova 2, all dates are stored as Unix timestamps. You can use an online converter to get the actual date. Additionally, if you need to update a date, you can use online converters to give you the Unix timestamp for a given actual date.

Stephen Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 am

Awesome thank you!

Now out of curiosity is there a way to add in an additional milestone?

AgentPhoenix Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:32 am

You can, but you'd have to override the controller methods and views to manually add it yourself.

Stephen Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:59 am

Sounds more complicated than what it's worth.

Thank you for your help!

Return to General