Datepicker and jQuery question

Use this forum to talk about Nova and ask any questions you may have about it. Please use the Help & Support forum if you have found a bug or need help getting something working.

lorenaustin Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Datepicker and jQuery question

So, this is most likely going to be coming down to some really stupid error on my part, but it's time to bite the bullet and ask for help on that one... I've been trying to figure it out for too long.

I'm working on reprogramming aweSimReport Mod (generating automatic sim reports with stats, etc) and I need to use the datepicker, so I need to include the js and css file for jquery.ui.datepicker.

The datepicker works great, and the general jquery.ui css *seems* to work (the spacing and style of the font inside the datepicker appear correctly) but the colors just won't work. I ended up adding the .css file for datepicker in the _js view, but it still won't work.

I downloaded the jquery UI package again for jQuery UI 1.8.9... still doesn't work.

I looked up this error online, and it seems it usually stems from mismatching css/js versions of jQuery/jQueryUI and the template, but I don't want to mess around with those files too much in the mod, because they're already part of Nova install.

.... any ideas why the css file doesn't take?

Also, I tried to find somewhere in Nova code where the datepicker is used to see how it's done 'natively' within Nova, but I couldn't find it.. where is datepicker used in the code?

Thanks in advance, much obliged,

mooeypoo Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Datepicker and jQuery question

Hey there. It's been a **long long time** since I looked at this code, but I do remember running into the same issue with jquery's CSS. I took a deeper look into what I wrote back then, and it seems like I overcame this by adding manually to the admin _js file; see here:

https://github.com/mooeypoo/aweSimRepor ... ats_js.php

I think this is an issue with the prioritization of asset loading, so overriding the way I did above is dirty and hacky, but works.

Thank you for taking a stab at rewriting and updating the mod!! If and when you update it, I'd love to take a look, and potentially update (or link?) to the new version. Of course pull requests are welcome, and/or a second pair of eyes on the code, if you want it :)

Thanks and I hope this helps!
Find my Nova MODs: https://github.com/mooeypoo

Return to General