Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

New Forums

Sometimes you need a place to chat about stuff, and that's okay, because we're a community. This board is meant just for that, to talk about everything and even your kitchen sink (if you feel so inclined).

AgentPhoenix Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:55 pm

New Forums

It something that I've toyed around with a bunch over the last few years, but I think we're finally going to take the plunge and leave phpBB behind. It's just not a good forum system for what Anodyne uses it for. Instead of moving to another system though, I'm going to be building the new forum myself so that we can tie in to the upcoming AnodyneID and provide as much cohesion between Anodyne's services as possible.

With that being said, what would you guys want to see from the Anodyne forums in terms of features and functionality ... either that does or does not exist in the forums today?

LadyBird Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Re: New Forums

I'd like to see one account for everything, not just the forums, but also the Xtras site. If I can login into one, and still do stuff on the other, that would be awesome. Also, PMs are essential for me. I'd also like to see something like groups for both sides. Like on the forums I would be listed as, say, skinner, and I would be listed as the same thing on the main site. Or something. But that's all I can think of right now.

AgentPhoenix Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 pm

That's actually what the AnodyneID is. You'll register for an AnodyneID and be able to log in to your profile on the main site, the Xtras site, the upcoming help center, the new forums ... everything will be tied to that AnodyneID. I'm trying to get single sign-on working too, so once you sign in to one of them, you're automatically signed in to all of them. That's a bit trickier though. Have to wait to get some stuff up on the new server and see how it goes.

I'm not sure what you mean by groups though. Can you clarify?

LadyBird Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:06 pm

The permissions I have for the Anodyne Xtras site show up on the forums. So the members will know who skins and who mods, etc.

AgentPhoenix Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 pm

It probably won't be that connected mainly because doing so would mean duplicating a TON of code from the Xtras site into the forms, but there may be a global signature option so you can add a link to your Xtras profile in your global signature. Haven't worked out all those details yet.

Return to The Anodyne Lounge