News Update: Kuro-RPG Rank Images

Sometimes you need a place to chat about stuff, and that's okay, because we're a community. This board is meant just for that, to talk about everything and even your kitchen sink (if you feel so inclined).

Eris Sun May 22, 2011 7:49 pm

News Update: Kuro-RPG Rank Images

Greetings everyone!

On behalf of the Kuro-RPG team, I can proudly announce the release of the new default rankset (DS9 Duty). You can visit the presentation page of this revolutionary 144 by 40 pixel sized artwork at the following link:

http://kuro-rpg.net/?direct=kuro_ranks_viewer&id=138

There has also been a major update on the Alternate 1, Alternate 2 and Future rankset. Feel free to test those by yourselves at:

http://kuro-rpg.net/?direct=kuro_ranks

There is a list of all the ranksets including the very new ones. The Alternate 1, Alternate 2 and Future rankset still have the older smaller resolution, but they feature alpha-channels and new backgrounds as well as new shinier pips.

~ Eris (Kuro-RPG Co-Founder & Public Relations Officer)

AgentPhoenix Sun May 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: News Update: Kuro-RPG Rank Images

Eris,
Since both SMS and Nova uses Kuro's ranks, I've decided to move this to a general section of the forums so that you can post any updates that you think we should be aware of. Thanks for keeping us updated!

matty-vfx Mon May 23, 2011 7:17 am

I would just like to step in and say thanks for all your continued efforts in creating these rank sets, to Kuro-chan and the community. I just have one gripe as far as the site goes, in that you can no longer just preview the rank set before downloading unless you know the direct id link. Is it possible for this to be, dare I say, corrected?
It's a compulsory fact of life that we have to grow old...
...but that doesn't mean we have to grow up

Eris Mon May 23, 2011 7:21 am

@ Matty-VFX:

There is a preview image of the new DS9 rankset (examples), if you mean that. All remastered ranksets will receive an own presentation page again, like the new DS9 duty uniforms and the Starship Troopers rankset. :)

@ David: Thank you for moving this! I wasn't aware Nova is using them, too. :)

matty-vfx Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 am

Not exactly... the new DS9's do but the rest, the old Enterprise ones, the 2800 set, the Cardassian and Romulan sets and most others do not have a preview page. To view them, you have to download them. To someone whose bandwidth is limited, it seems pointless to do so.
It's a compulsory fact of life that we have to grow old...
...but that doesn't mean we have to grow up

Eris Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 pm

The new VOY-series style rankset has been uploaded! So, now we have the new DS9 / NEM, new VOY and new Starship Troopers set online. The next set is probably the TNG-series (Season 3 to 7) set, butt it's up to Kuro to decide of course. And as I said, each new set will get it's own page again like earlier.

Kuro-chan Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi.

That is changing, actually.

I am getting around to re-doing the information pages like I had up before, using the more recent formats I created. There is something like over 140 sets, each one having to be redone manually, so I will try to take it a few a day and get it done... eventually. :)
Kuro-chan @ Kuro-RPG

raymondu999 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:38 pm

If I may be so bold as to ask...why the resolution change for the images?

Kuro-chan Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Well, if you wish to be so bold... lol.

Throughout Kuro-RPG, one of the biggest concerns I have had is that so many sets end up with having so many different sizes. Sleeves have more height, Movie Era has more width, MACO has too much width, etc.

This is more to streamline all the different factors into one combined size for all the sets. It ended up working out 144 x 40.

In addition: Times are changing. Monitor resolutions are getting bigger, so I would think it is a good idea to make moves to go with those changes. :)
Kuro-chan @ Kuro-RPG

Kuro-chan Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Semi-relevant update.

More Trek sets available on my site, including:

- Trek Movie
- TNG
- DS9 Dress Sets

And more stuff, with more to come. :)
Kuro-chan @ Kuro-RPG

AgentPhoenix Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:18 pm

As always, awesome stuff, Kuro!

Kuro-chan Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Even though this thread is 2+ years old, my current post is relevant to what is going on with the site.

2013 was a bit of a dry year on my site. Aside from an overhaul in the site's appearance, I did not get a lot of work done. It was difficult to be at the computer because of my physical condition. 2014, on the other hand, while still going through my nonsense, I am trying to push myself into getting more work done. I have also had some donations come in this year, which added the little bit of incentive I need to 'get' things done.

One of the big pushes for the year is both the ranksets and the coding of my site. For my site, I upgraded the security features, fixing login and account issues, and made the database handling compatible with future versions of PHP. Eventually, I want to add more internal features, including the equivalent of a forum system so we will never have to rely on any external code for one. (I am beyond tired on forums coming alive, dying, coming back, dying, etc.) As for ranksets, I am working on having both split rank and integrated sets for several of the more useful and popular sets. 2014 also saw the release of the latest version of TNG and DS9-era pips, including serious changes to their appearances. Those changes have already been updated on the site and are available for download. We also have a new set, covering the early years of TNG.

Today, the single-largest set I ever created was posted. It is a few images shy of 8,000, but divided into 4 folders. It it the latest version of my movie-era set, available in gold-trim, silver-trim, no trim and sleeve-style. This is the integrated version, including more colour schemes and more non-canon pips (To keep those who go at me about them 'happy' :p)

For more up-to-date information on what is going on at the ranks end of things, the best place is check out my front page. Feel free to leave comments as well (No registration is required for posting comments).
Last edited by Kuro-chan on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuro-chan @ Kuro-RPG

AgentPhoenix Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 am

Awesome to hear the updates. Keep up the good work!

Williams Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Wow, I need to check around the sites more often. Hadn't realised there'd been so much new stuff lately - and it all looks great! Good work as always, Kuro :)
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

Return to The Anodyne Lounge