Task help

Sometimes you need a place to chat about stuff, and that's okay, because we're a community. This board is meant just for that, to talk about everything and even your kitchen sink (if you feel so inclined).

LaerycTiogar Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Task help

I am working on a Violence filter for my RP.
Some people don't mind it some do so I am looking at Adding a series of Check boxes The first one on the post will flag it to come to MY email instead. on each person's Account they can choose a check box with associated rating and from there when I mark the rating it will not show up for anyone with a lower rating.

I am new to php but i do have experience with java C++ and C.
the seems like a simple task but i am not sure where to start. help would be appreciaited

matty-vfx Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Task help

Will you not end up with continuity errors and mistakes, people being left out of the story? This in my view breaks up the sim into two camps and half your players should probably write somewhere else. Most sims have ratings, a rule that says that the sim is only open to players 15 and over for example, and you should probably advise your players to tone it down a little -- after all, what is shown on screen and what is implied are two very different things.

If you really must do this, it is probably best and easiest done with the moderation flag, where you or your other administrator level players can authorise posts.
It's a compulsory fact of life that we have to grow old...
...but that doesn't mean we have to grow up

Return to The Anodyne Lounge