Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

My turn for introductions

Sometimes you need a place to chat about stuff, and that's okay, because we're a community. This board is meant just for that, to talk about everything and even your kitchen sink (if you feel so inclined).

baritonejp Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:58 pm

My turn for introductions

Nothing really to say ... I'm a Technical writer in RL ... work with web sites ... graphics ... print graphics ... music ... outdoors when I can (not music but camping) ...

I wanted to learn the SMS system as the rpg site I sim on was using that (even though it was a play-by-message-board site) Then I was asked to help "skin" the site and so I did to the best of my ability. Later on I was asked to do the same for a Romulan based sim as well ... and done that too. I later found out about the Nova product and so I started to read up on that system. Having to write technical publications in RL around SQL based software products, I thought I could easily do that part; php I had only some exposure.

I have a Nova 1 based demo site (NOT a real rpg site) called Zeta Station and I have been playing around with the default skin as well as just learning what I can from the guides and tutorials. Maybe I will make my own skin (the way presented in the tutorials).

Just like Lane mentions, I also appreciate the effort the Anodyne guys put into these systems.

Anywho ... Happy simming
Last edited by baritonejp on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for helping,
Jamey

AgentPhoenix Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: My turn for introductions

Welcome to the forums, Jamey. I know in your other thread you commented on the user guide and I'd be happy to hear suggestions for how to make them better from a technical writer!

baritonejp Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: My turn for introductions

Thank you for the warm welcome ... would be glad to help out.
Thank you for helping,
Jamey

Return to The Anodyne Lounge