The First Anodyne Award Winners

Announcements concerning Anodyne Productions will be posted in this forum.

AgentPhoenix Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm

The First Anodyne Award Winners

Over the years, I've seen people do some incredible things with Nova (and SMS back in the day) with just a little ingenuity and experimentation. Until now, those sites have gone unnoticed and unrecognized. I wanted to change that and make sure the community can see some of the amazing things being done. To do so, I created three different awards that I'll present to games (and individual users) from time to time to recognize their work and achievements.

The first is the Outstanding Presentation award that's intended as a way to recognizing the skinning prowess of people throughout the community. These games have gone above and beyond to make sure their game looks unique and stands out and they should be recognized for that effort.

The second is the Outstanding Creativity award and is meant for games that have put extra effort or thought into the content on their site or the way things are organized or anything of that nature. There are some incredibly creative people using Nova and it's important to highlight those creative games and individuals for their contributions to their game.

Finally is the Technical Achievement award which is designed as a way to recognize people that have gotten their hands dirty and twisted Nova to do their bidding in a way that's fun, unique, and a tribute to their skill.

There's a new page on the Nova site that describes the awards and lists the winners of the awards. Additionally, there's a nomination page where you can nominate an individual or game for any one of the awards.

There's no timeline for when awards will be given, but I'm going to try to do the awards on a regular basis throughout the year. If you know of someone or a game that you think should be recognized, definitely send a nomination!

For the first round of awards, here are the winners:

• USS Persephone, Outstanding Presentation
  • USS Viking, Outstanding Presentation
  • USS Tranquility, Outstanding Presentation
  • IRV Imperiax, Outstanding Presentation
  • @Krace LCARS Skin, Outstanding Presentation
  • USS Galileo Wiki, Outstanding Creativity
  • USS Highlander Main Page, Outstanding Creativity
  • Deep Space 11 Manifest, Technical Achievement
You can view the awards page for links and more information about the winners. Congrats to all the winners and I'm looking forward to seeing nominations from everyone!

Return to Announcements