Announcements concerning Anodyne Productions will be posted in this forum.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
While a lot of things are in flux at the moment, one thing isn't: Nova 3 is a big change. Everything from what's under the hood to the wax and paint that'll be on the finished product is going to be different, not just for the sake of being different, but because that's how we're going to take Nova forward. There have been a lot of discussions on these forums about what is and isn't going to be in Nova 3, but those are just discussions; until it's in Nova 3, I'm open to just about anything.
Tonight, I'm making the first preview release of Nova 3 available. This release is targeted toward the gear heads who are interested in poking around under the hood and seeing what Nova 3's new codebase looks like. If you're looking for something that's got cool features, you'll be sorely disappointed. The only thing you can do is install Nova 3. That's it. There's been a ton of work going into Nova 3, but little on the user-facing side. Still, if you're interested, it's here for you to poke around at.
In future preview releases, there will be more "cool" stuff to poke around at, but for now, it's just the basics. Before you go any further though, there are a few things you should know:
- This is alpha software which means there are a lot of bugs and broken things. Temper your expectations going in.
- Everything you see is subject to change. That means you shouldn't get excited/panicked/angry/scared/nervous about things you see in there now. As we move through the development process, things will solidify more.
- I know things are broken. You're welcome to ask questions about Nova 3 and Laravel 4 (the foundation beneath Nova 3), but don't submit bugs or issues for Nova 3. The odds are, I already know about the issue you're reporting. Topics that report issues on Nova 3 will be locked immediately.
- Once Nova 3 is installed, you'll see a very vanilla looking Bootstrap-based theme. This is not the final look for Nova 3, just something for development.
- The only documentation is on Github in the nova3 repo in the docs folder.
Now that the disclaimers are out of the way, go get it.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest