Announcements concerning Anodyne Productions will be posted in this forum.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
The goal of this new look and feel was to be simpler all around. Over the last few years, the Anodyne branding has gotten more complex and busy. While it may have looked good at the time, it made navigating our sites a lot more complicated. This new design puts just about everything at your fingertips. On top of that, we wanted to make it clear up front (on all of the sites) exactly what the product was. It amazed us when we realized that information wasn’t front and center, so this new design (hopefully) addresses that.
Check out the new design across all of our sites and let us know what you think!
- All of the Anodyne sites (save for the forums) have been updated to use the IcoMoon web font. Icon web fonts make the icons a font so that they stay crisp and sharp on high resolution displays (like Apple's retina display). This means the sites don't have to be built to serve up different images depending on the pixel density which in turn means faster loading times.
- All of the Anodyne sites have been updated to use more web fonts. Up until now, we've used Helvetica and Arial for the main content, but I wanted to make a change and give it a more modern look. Using Google web fonts, the Anodyne sites (again, except the forums) are using some different fonts to give it a more modern and sleek look.
- The main Anodyne font has been changed (though only slightly). Up until now, I was using Trade Gothic after I was given a copy by someone. I was led to believe it was a legitimately purchased version of the font, but a few weeks ago I found out it wasn't. Because of that, I've switched over to AltGothicNo3 which is a very similar font, though there are a few differences.
- The Nova logo has been changed from the m family font to Maven Pro. This change is mostly cosmetic and probably won't filter down to Nova itself until Nova 3. Maven Pro again allows me to use Google web fonts instead of having to make an image of the text.
- The main site and Nova site now have a direct link in the header to the forums.
- The main site, Nova site and AnodyneDocs now use a modal box for contacting Anodyne, so you'll be able to get in touch with us no matter which site you're on.
- The main site and Nova sites have had their responsive designs tweaked a little more so that they look even better on mobile devices. (Seriously, if you have an iPhone, check out the main site on it!)
Like I mentioned above, there are a few spots where the forums haven't been updated, but those changes are coming in the next couple of weeks. Over a year ago, we talked about switching forum software, but in the end, stuck with phpBB. I've gone back and re-evaluated it and made the decision to move off of phpBB and over to Vanilla 2. There's a whole upgrade process that I'm testing so you should retain all your private messages, log in and such. There are a couple issues that I'm working through, but I think it'll be a good change. When that change is rolled out, the forums will gain many of the above improvements including web fonts, icon fonts and a much cleaner look and feel (including some simplified categories).
There will be a learning curve when it comes to Vanilla forums because they do some things a little differently, but in the long run, it'll be a better platform for what Anodyne uses the forums for. I'll try to post some screenshots and tips and such over the next few weeks so that people can see some of the changes and start to get used to Vanilla.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests