Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

State of Anodyne Productions - 2012

Announcements concerning Anodyne Productions will be posted in this forum.

AgentPhoenix Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 am

State of Anodyne Productions - 2012

This document serves to provide the state of Anodyne Productions and its various projects as well as lay out goals for the coming calendar year.

Nova

It's almost here! After working on it for a year, Nova 2 is just about ready for primetime.

I've been using Nova 2 on my personal sim for the last few months and haven't had any issues. I think you'll find that Nova 2 is one of the most bug-free releases we've ever shipped. Sure there will be bugs that haven't been found, but on the whole, you'll be pleasantly surprised how solid Nova 2 really is. Over the last few weeks, I've managed to sneak a few final updates and changes to Nova in and the result is a product that feels more refined than what you're using today.

Before I announce a release date, I need to get some of the ancillary services up to snuff (AnodyneDocs, AnodyneXtras, the forums, the new site, etc.). Once those are done, I'll get around to releasing Nova 2 for everyone to use. I do want to say thank you to everyone who's been patient in this process. I've been promising Nova 2 for a few months and it will be worth the wait.

Nova 3

The focus of late has been on Nova 2 and the re-branding effort, so Nova 3 has fallen by the wayside. Still, my plans for Nova 3 are still ambitious and I'm looking forward to being able to focus on Nova 3 more in the coming months. My hope is that by the end of 2012 I'll have released several solid alpha releases and gotten feedback from the community. While Nova 3 will represent a pretty huge change, I think the changes will make Nova easier to use in the long run. The mantra is "smarter and better" and I'm committed to making sure that statement sums Nova 3 up.

SIMM Management System

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." The end is finally upon SMS. In the coming weeks as I roll out the new Anodyne branding and sites, I'll finally retire SMS from Anodyne's active products and no longer offer a download for it.

It's been almost 2 years since the release of Nova and I feel it's finally time to say goodbye to SMS. Nova 2 will also be the last release to support upgrading from SMS; Nova 3 will only allow admins to upgrade from Nova 2. This is a necessary step in the march forward. SMS served Anodyne well for 5 years, but at this stage, it just doesn't make much sense for Anodyne to continue to offer it any longer. If you know anyone who is still using SMS 2, please encourage them to move to Nova sooner rather than later.

Anodyne Productions

In closing, I want to thank the entire community and all of our users and supporters for their support during 2011. Admittedly it was a quiet year on the release front, but the progress made on Nova 2 and Nova 3 is going to pay dividends during 2012 and beyond. 2012 could end up being another major year for Anodyne and I'm excited to have you along for the ride!

Return to Announcements