Did I Break Add Menu Item?

DeathKitten Mon May 16, 2016 12:17 am

Did I Break Add Menu Item?

Okay, so menus. I managed to create content and a page to insert it into... now I try to add it to the menus, and it doesn't work. It just goes and chills at the /admin/menu-items/create page which is blank. So, did I break it, or is this something that was just broken because development?

If it helps, here's what options I selected to try and add to the menu:

Menu: Public
Title: Rules
Require Authentication? No
Type of Link: Page in Nova
Page: Rules

I know the new Rules page works, I linked to it from the homepage without problem. I also attempted to add a different page to the menu instead of my newly created Rules page, but it does the same thing. And because it occurred to me as I write this, I also tried it with authentication required and in the admin menu. All four combinations result in the same thing, sitting at the menu item create page.

Totally cool if this is just broken as even this way it gives me a good idea how the menu edit is going to function (and I like it), but if it's something that I could fix like the problem with the page manager you helped me with on Twitter, that would be cool too. ^_^
Captain Amelia Waterhouse of the USS Joshua Norton, a Clandestine Operations sim.

Come chat with us on Discord! discord.gg/3bUmudQ

AgentPhoenix Mon May 16, 2016 6:49 am

Re: Did I Break Add Menu Item?

Use the .env file trick that I mentioned in the other thread and try again. It should show you the actual exception and stack trace which will help identify what the issue is. Just let me know as I've been doing a bunch of work in the menu item creation stuff the last few days.

DeathKitten Fri May 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Okay, so I created the .env file like you said, and now I don't know where I should be looking for the information it's supposed to give me? Do I need to reinstall to get it working?
Captain Amelia Waterhouse of the USS Joshua Norton, a Clandestine Operations sim.

AgentPhoenix Fri May 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Nope, just add the .env file and then keep using the system as normal. If exceptions are thrown, you'll definitely see it.

DeathKitten Sat May 21, 2016 3:42 pm

The menu thing is still just behaving like before. >.< Nothing changed since I added the .env and I don't see anything to indicate what's going on.

AgentPhoenix Sat May 21, 2016 5:29 pm

You might need to use the Chrome developer tools or Firebug to see what's happening.

DeathKitten Sat May 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Okay, I seriously just give up. I poked at it with Firebug, and I just can't find anything that seems to tell me what's going on. >.<

Return to Nova NextGen