Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

[PR2] Page Manager and Content Manager Dichotomy

Jobe Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 am

Re: [PR2] Page Manager and Content Manager Dichotomy

Okay, I gave the mockups a go, and discovered that unless resource selection can be made simpler (and we already established that loading times would be too prohibitive to do that), my idea really doesn't work, because the user would probably be too focused on getting the resource right to notice the cause-and-effect relationship between choosing the resource and changing the form that appeared after making the choice.

So I guess that closes the matter. Thanks again for taking the time to go through this with me.

AgentPhoenix Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:41 am

We'll keep this here in the event a clearer use case comes up. Thanks for your suggestions and contributions though!

AgentPhoenix Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:28 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:It would be possible to generate a dropdown menu, but the issue there is that it's highly inefficient and expensive to do so since it would need to use PHP's Reflection class, so you'd end up sitting there for a bit while it tries to find everything. And really, you'd be talking about 2 dropdowns: one for the class, then after the class is selected, another call to Reflection to find the public methods for that class. I just think it could create a negative experience with the Page Manager if you're constantly waiting for the server to look up information on a majority of the classes that exist.

I did some work today and was actually able to get this working quite well. It shows a list of all the extensions that have controllers and then all the methods within those controllers. I think it actually provides a much better user experience than before and it's not nearly as slow as I thought it would be. Plus, it's one of those things that I'm okay if it's a little slower because it's not a page you'll be using a ton. Thanks for the suggestion!

Previous

Return to Nova NextGen