Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Dynamic Forms Question (Just Curious, not a Feature Request)

Stormwolfe Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Dynamic Forms Question (Just Curious, not a Feature Request)

Good Day,

I did a search, but did not see an answer on this question. And that's all this is, just a curiosity question...

I know that in Next Gen, the NPC designation will be going away. No biggie for us. In fact, don't mind it at all, we can make primary, secondary, supporting character designations elsewhere.

What I'd like to know is, with the new dynamic forms, will we be able to create more than one bio form? Example: Could we have one shorter form for what is now known as NPCs and then our regular form for main characters?

Again, just curious. It's not an issue either way as we are great at work arounds. :)

Regards,

AgentPhoenix Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Dynamic Forms Question (Just Curious, not a Feature Requ

You'll be able to create new forms for whatever you want, but no, there won't be a way out of the box to do that. Nova doesn't distinguish between different types of characters, so it's just a character being edited. You'd have to create an extension to do what you're talking about in NextGen.

Stormwolfe Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: Dynamic Forms Question (Just Curious, not a Feature Requ

AgentPhoenix,

Thank you and no worries. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that one of the upcoming features might be a way to make certain form fields mandatory. We can simply use that as well as the tool/help tips to designate what has to be filled out on an NPC vs a main character.

Appreciate the response as always.

Jer

Return to Nova NextGen